OPPORTUNITY: Executive Associate
POSITION TITLE: Executive Associate (Non-core)
DURATION OF CONTRACT: One year(renewable)
DUTY STATION: Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines
REPORTING TO: Executive Officer, Office of the Executive Director
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The ASEAN Centre for Biodiversity (ACB) is an intergovernmental regional centre of excellence established through an agreement among the Governments of the Member States of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in 2005. The ACB facilitates cooperation and coordination among the members of ASEAN, and with relevant national governments, regional and international organisations, on the conservation and sustainable use of biological diversity and the fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising from the use of such biodiversity in the ASEAN region. Since its establishment, the ACB has lived up to its mandate of strengthening national and regional capacity for biodiversity conservation.
The ACB is seeking to engage dynamic, innovative and committed candidates for the position of Executive Associate who will be accountable to the Executive Officer.
B. Scope of Duties
As part of the administrative support group of the Office of the Executive Director, the Executive Associate shall work under the supervision of the Executive Officer and in coordination with the Technical Officer Specifically, the Executive Associate shall perform the following functions:
1.1. Receive and log incoming and outgoing communications;
1.2. Forward all communications to EO for appropriate action;
1.3. Assist the EO in drafting communications assigned to him/her; and
1.4. Send out communications to the AMS and other partners upon instructions from the EO, and the TO.
- Administrative Support
2.1 Receive and log incoming and outgoing documents;
2.2 Log and distribute special orders, memorandum circulars and other documents
for internal information;
2.3 Assist the EO in the preparation and processing of all travel-related documents
of the OED staff; and
2.4 Coordinate with other staff as required.
- Records Management:
3.1. Organise and maintain documents, data and files including its recording and safekeeping, both electronic and hard copy, of the Office of the Executive Director;
3.2. Collect and curate all historical information related to ASEAN and international meetings attended by ACB; and
3.3. Support logistical requirements of the OED.
4. Performs other related tasks as may be assigned by supervisor/s from time to
C. Remuneration Package: Negotiable
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Management, or related field of study; or
- Non-related Bachelor’s Degree with at least three (3) years related work experience
- At least two (2) years work experience in communication support, administrative support and records management in a multi-cultural environment
- Well-organised with excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Keen to details
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in cataloguing of documents is preferred.
- Must be a national of any of the ASEAN Member States
E. Competency Requirements
- Integrity, professionalism, and respect for diversity
- Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly
- Prudence, dependability and accountability
- Communication, teamwork, analytic, planning and organising, innovative, and
F. Timeline for The Selection Process
Position Announcement : 25 May 2023
Application Period : until 24 June 2023
Review of Application and
Selection of Candidate : July 2023
G. Application Procedure
Applicants should prepare the following and send all to email@example.com:
- A letter of intent of no more than two pages, elaborating how his/her qualifications and experiences make him/her suitable for the position. Address the letter to Executive Director Dr. Theresa Mundita S. Lim. JP 2023-05 : Executive Associate should be indicated in the aforesaid letter.
- Updated curriculum vitae, and diploma, or transcript of record and,
- A completed Job Application Form which can be downloaded here
(**if the link does not download automatically, please RIGHT-CLICK on the link and select OPEN LINK IN NEW TAB or SAVE LINK AS)
Interested applicants are advised to visit www.aseanbiodiversity.org for further details on eligibility and documentary requirements for the subject post. Deadline for submission of completed applications is on 24 June 2023. Only applications with complete documentary requirements (Letter of Intent, completed Job Application Form, and curriculum vitae) will be processed. Applications received beyond this date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be given due notice. Previous applicants
may apply again.